humiSonic for air handling units makes adiabatic humidification available to smaller ducting systems, offering a high energy efficiency alternative to steam humidification.
Energy consumption per kg of evaporated water is in fact 90% lower than with steam!
Installed directly in the air flow, humiSonic can atomise water into very small droplets (5 µm on average), which are instantly absorbed.
The new generation humiSonic embodies all the attention that CAREL has always paid to the hygiene of its humidification solutions. All components in contact with the water are made from stainless steel, and not water is left to stagnate in the main body at the end of the humidification cycle. In addition, the electronic controller manages periodical washing cycles when the system is not running.
These hygiene features, together with the very high precision that humiSonic can achieve (±1% around the relative humidity set point), make it an ideal solution even for more critical and delicate applications, such as cleanrooms.
humiSonic for air handling units comprises two elements that make it a powerful and complete solution: the main body (containing the piezoelectric transducers) and the electrical power supply and control panel.
humiSonic for ducts enjoys all the benefits of ultrasound technology, plus additional new improvements developed by CAREL:
- energy saving: just 10% of the power consumption of steam humidifiers;
- reliability: 10,000 hours of uninterrupted operation guaranteed;
- precision: relative humidity control of ±1% on the set point;
- absorption efficiency: the droplets, just 5 µm in size, evaporate instantly;
- complete solution: electrical and control panel together, everything humiSonic for ducts needs to start operating;
- hygiene: stainless steel components, no water recirculation and periodical washing cycles.